GBIF Data Use Agreement
Using data available through the GBIF network requires agreeing with the following:
1. Data Use Agreements
- The quality and completeness of data cannot be guaranteed. Users employ these data at their own risk.
- Users shall respect restrictions of access to sensitive data.
- In order to make attribution of use for owners of the data
possible, the identifier of ownership of data must be retained with
every data record.
- Users must publicly acknowledge, in conjunction with the use of
the data, the Data Publishers whose biodiversity data they have used.
Data Publishers may require additional attribution of specific
collections within their institution.
- Users must comply with additional terms and conditions of use set
by the Data Publisher. Where these exist they will be available through
the metadata associated with the data.
2. Citing Data
Use the following format to cite data retrieved from the GBIF network:
Biodiversity occurrence data published by: XXX (Accessed through GBIF Data Portal, data.gbif.org, YYYY-MM-DD)
Biodiversity occurrence data published by: Field Museum of
Natural History, Museum of Vertebrate Zoology, University of Washington
Burke Museum, and University of Turku (Accessed through GBIF Data
Portal, data.gbif.org, 2007-02-22)
Read more on the GBIF Data portal.